May 27, 2006

Part III on DVC.. aka To settle it once & for all

Most of you know that I seldom blog during office hours.. at least in my new office.. unless something big is on the horizon, and with all of the press about the so-called problems with the "DVC," which hit theaters some 2 weeks back, I think this is one of those times. haha.. Those times which warrant a post from me during office hours...

In the couple dozen commentaries about the movie that I've read over the
past couple of weeks, I've seen one Christian leader after another say that
this book, more than anything else in recent history, threatens to blur the
line between the truth of the Gospel and "DVC" 's author Dan Brown's imagination.

I have just two begging questions: How can this be a threat if we are immersing
ourselves in the study of the Word? And if we aren't reading our Bibles 24/7, what's it that is stopping us...besides us?

And just how many of us are reading the "DVC" from cover to cover but are letting our Bibles gather dust?

The problem isn't so much that we're being deceived by the "DVC"; the problem is that we haven't been studying enuff of the Bible, so we don't know what the truth really is.

So the answer to the DVC actually is to read more of your bible lor.. ** cues in thunder & rain midi.

See , i manage to solve the issue better than any Bible scholar..hahahaha (juz kidding)

I think there are more than enuff surveys out there to back up the point about the unfortunate high rate of Biblical illiteracy among Christians. so heck, I'll admit that I'm just as guilty as anyone else of often getting so busy trying to point out error that I forget to pick up my Bible and let it do the talking.

its liken to asking a housewife to go attend a WTO meeting.. She will only nitpick and not solve issues


Disclaimer:
With my sincere apologies to housewives, i have nothing against them really.. My mum's one too..

No comments: