May 22, 2006

Remember the days leading up to 6 May 2006 ?

wpAMK

Remember the Rallies which garnered more than thousands of Singaporeans

Rallies

Remember the results ? Only 2 wards were won by the opposition with increased percentile this round... It shows the mandate given by the voters..

The reason for my blog post is this.. Are the the carrots dangled by the Candiates then purely whimsical and purely talk only... Are the benefits meant for only pple stayin in the rulign party wards only... then arent our share fo tax being contributed ot other wards then.. i dunno.. maybe i am politically naive... maybe i ish ignorant.. Would someone enlighten me ?

My Fren, Wilfred, gave me a link this morning.. asking me to help sign it.. I thot i would go one up him and blog abt it and ask my readers(you know who you r) to sign the petition.. at least gimme a lift outside my door so that when i m drunk, my frenz can just leave me in the lift and send me up... hahahahaha.. see.. that is an impetus for some of u buddies to start signing the petition... less dead weight to carry when drunk.. hahaha

I heard the news that we as the residents people of Potong Pasir and Hougang have since voted for the Opposition so the upgrading carrot will be withdrawn and we kena asked to queue at the back of the queue again.(Every time GE, we kena Uturn, dunno when then our turn ah!?!?!)

Now, the whole nation will move ahead except 2 wards.. 2 wards who chose what they wanted unlike the others..

Should more than 38,000 of our Hougang & PP residents aka fellow Singaporeans have to 'suffer' because they have exercised their choice fo vote? Should the other residents who voted for PAP be deprived of the upgrading program too?

It does not reflect well on the government if it allows 'politically-generated' slums to evolve.

This would make our government dangerously close to being labelled as tyrannical. But of course, our Government is one that is peaceful, loving, amiable, gracious & most importantly generous.


I am not against the PAP Government but I am against the linking of votes to lifts and estates upgrading.

I have watched PM Lee, Leader fo PAP, speaking on tv many times and read his speeches on the papers, especially since he became our esteemed Prime Minister.

I believe that he is sincere, open-minded and prepared to listen to the common man in the ground.

So pls sign this petition and allow our PM to build a better Singapore together.

No comments: