October 26, 2006

All about Relationships

Talking about relationships... The Forum has someone called RGM asking us on how to make that relationship work... I found one particular reply which I find extremely intrigued…

“Isn’t it all a choice? Someone dies for his god, some prostitute themselves to get what they want, and a few turn into clowns for that slim chance at fame. You can choose to be faithful and commit all your eggs in one basket or opt to be the recipient in a relationship. But I always believe you have to sow into a relationship and put yourself in his or her shoes if you want the person to respond in kind.

Or alternatively, you can choose to only fall in love with the most important person in your life - yourself.”



Isn’t this exactly wat this generation of young pple is all made of...? Narcissistic and often times... selfish... And this nation is full of such pple... always running at the fore-front of their thots... Me I and myself... Watever situation...Watever circumstance.. I must come out of it better and stronger than the rest... Must cover my own backside.. so that I can be faultless..

I seriously beg to differ. We can be blameless but we can never be faultless. Maybe I grew up from a different era. Maybe I had different guiding principles in my life. Maybe I’m the wrong one.

I grew up as a person who believes firmly in loyalty and righteousness. Slowly my perceptions of this world grew as i continue to trudge on this journey of life. It grown to tell me to be wary of pple as not all are of the like-minded.

> To show loyalty only to the like-minded and those who genuinely care.
> To show righteousness to all whether stranger or foe or fren.
> To practise Benefit of the doubt whenever possible, not to be hindered by past bad experiences.
> To love your loved ones and meet their every single need.

I also learnt that friends are not forever.. friends come and go.. If they stay for the long run, stay with them..

Coming back to topic.. i tink of relationships all the time.. i tink of pple who failed me when i needed them the most.. I tink of pple who left me behind in the walk.. I tink of pple who left me nursing a gaping wound.. I tink of pple who took my generousity for granted.. I still tink of pple who took me for a fool.. I still tink of pple who tho they cheated me but its i let them so.. I still tink of pple who were so close to me but now so far away..

I want them all back in my life.
Is it possible ?

I dunno too.. As this journey of life brings me to almost another closure in Year 2006.. i seek to further my journey soon.. Hopefully with my loved ones by my side..

Everything seems bleak at the moment.. i dunno why.. probably i'm tired.. probaly i'm weary..

1 comment:

Cowboy Caleb said...

yes, people disappoint you. They never fail to disappoint.