October 5, 2006

The rain...

How're u today...

You asked me why I like the rain...
It brought to mind..
My love and my problems...
How I long for the rain...

It's like water being poured out from the heavens...
I’ve always enjoyed walking in the rain whenever I’m feeling down...
It is cooling and has a therapeutic effect...

Feel the soft touches hitting against my face…
Feel it wetting my clothes…
Feel its cleansing as it moves...
Feel its power as it grow harder …
Entrenching itself into me…
It is the rain...

Slowly flowing down my body albeit a huger surface…
Gracefully; serenely...

I love the rain.

Suddenly out of nowhere

Reducing to a drizzle…
Puddles are found everywhere on this uneven ground…
Mirrors I call them…
Showing the cold harsh realities of life…
Betrays our weariness and our worldliness…
Reflects our countenance; Shows our scars...

Why O Lord Do u show me who I am...
Hurt & Despaired; yet Angry at the ways of the Rain…

I look up in anger…
Wanting to walk away from it all…

An arc of 7even colors appeared…
Gliding across the big blue sky…
Capturing my angst as I stood in wonder…

It brought to mind the colors you added to my life…
The family you’ve placed me in…
The friends you’ve crossed my paths with…
The strangers I’ve yet to meet…
The mentors who taught me…
The loved ones who let me down
The dearer ones who brought me home

And You who have brought me thus far...