June 27, 2008

Definitely Mebbe

Recently, I caught up with my sec school pals. 1 of them is actually gettign married this saturday. Lets call him Luke.

We sat in a coffeeshop drinking coffee and teh-si. Eating their durians and me munching on peanuts...

Halfway through, the soon to be married man heaved a heavy-hearted sigh of resignation. Naturally we asked him what’s wrong. He confided that he had a tiff with his wife-to-be a few days ago over a drinking credit card bill of $200 which led to him being chased out of the soon to be matrimonial house.

I was like, wah lau.. saturday how ?

He was like, boh bian , die die have to settle...

And this is thursday evening. Yesterday

1 of my super inconsiderate fren went “Wah seh you now free liaos lah.. can cheong tonight lo,”

My eyes popped out in disbelief, at the uncouthness of him and the sniggering rest.

Luke was still visibly upset and downcast.

“Stop suan-ing me lah,” he gulped down some beer and in that same breathe, he said ,"Lets go"

I went WTF ?!?!?!

In the midst of our unplanned (due to luke's wife rep of calling up his frenz to diss and cuss them whenever he returns drunk) stag nite (we only plan to have dinner with him due to his wife's rep), Luke said this to me, the only singleton in the group of friends (ED: wonders if it is my fortune?) “Look at you, a swinging bachelor, no FG/wife to nag at you and no kids to feed. Wanna go where; juz whack. Shiok la, wot would i give to be in your shoes man.”

Well, all i could tell him was,"You dunno my pain lah brudder. You see me good, I see you good aso ma. How I wish i could get someone to call when i m sian. Someone to nag at me alittle. Someone to call my own too.

He laughed out boisterously at this point in time.

“Hahaha, dude, don’t regret wot you juz said.”

“I wanna settle down too, see, everyone is married and i am the only single one here..”

He looked at me with an enormous amount of sacrasm and laughed, “If you tink it is the best, go for it lo. Juz remember to call me when u need a pity party.”

I was left with half a grin and half a frown.
I looked like an idiot.

Shoot me pls.

The night set me tinking.
I could not get to sleep.

After so many years and so many failed relationships(including rejections), I’ve come to realize that it definitely isn’t easy to maintain an on-going, nice and long relationship.

I am Mr Nice Guy. (Ok, take it for granted that i am not that nice sometimes but i am juz beign myself hokays.) What more can they ask for? I don’t dabble in vices and drugs and all other forms of demonic worship.

So what is it that eludes me and that fateful missing rib.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lack of monaaaayyyy...

I jest.

But true la, don't think too much about it. When it rains, it'll pour I assure you.

Single dude here too.

(T) (H) (B) said...

时间. 缘分.未到... :)