July 31, 2008

Paper Anniversary


31st July 2008 marks the 1 year that you’ve been apart from us physically.
Mentally was 6 years ago.

I tink you’ve found peace and release in the netherworld.

I never knew living without you in my life was so tough.

This entire 365 days was spent numbing myself the first 4 months…
then losing my identity over the subsequent 4
And finally picking up the pieces over the last period.

Mum is fine.
She has visited temples in China with her sisters.
She adores my little nephew whom adores her equally.
Both of them spend most time together.

I am glad that little punk is helping her.

Life gives rise to life.

I remember my dad being a bit of a character, which is my experience that as men (and really women too, but I'm focusing on dad) age, their idiosyncrasies that are kinda funny and it juz blows up into just plain ridiculous and nuts. I can't speak for everyone but I think most dad's are a bit looney in their own way as they and us age together.



My dad is wonderfully generous and completely dedicated to his family.
My dad is a biker fanatic and he has probably every class of license there is, he has had a Yamaha Bike for about the last 10 years, my mom was constantly nagging at him to get rid of his riding. His main biker buddy is also a man whom he works for before his illness and a co-investor in his business. They used to go to biking trips all the way up to Southern Thailand and Malaysian States every year. (They don't go as much in the recent years due to constant family nagging and the long ride on the North-south highway which wipes them out physically and mentally)



This is my Dad
The best father a kid could ever have
You laughed a lot and kept me happy
Even if some of your jokes were kinda crappy.

Never punished for my stubborn pride
You bought me all my wants
At times I was sent to bed without any dinner
You would bring me to McDonalds
On the pretense of buying evening papers
In my eyes, Dad, you are always my Hero.

From broken legs to a broken life
You helped me though all of life’s transitions
As I grew older, I grew to learn how hard it was for you
But your resilient love for me kept shining through.

You were always there to calm all my fears
Until that day I found you deeply asleep
During my many crises, you always knew what to do
I yearned to learn more from you.

But you left me to fend on my own.
After 30 years of walking with me,
Hand by hand,
You let go.



Today marks a year of living life without you.

No comments: