December 2, 2008

Galatians 6:5

We are each responsible for our own conduct. Galatians 6:5 (NLT)

 

Our choices control our calendar and, as a result, our lifestyle.

 

Truth be said, our choices are far more powerful than our circumstances.

Circumstances do not maketh a man.

Decisions do.

 

Though many times we may not like how complicated our lives has had become, with very few exceptions, no one is forcing us to keep our life complicated.

 

We have the power to simplify our life by the decisions we make.

 

The Bible teaches us that we are each responsible for our own conduct (Galatians 6:5 NLT).

To me, that simply means God expects us to assume responsibility for our lives and to choose carefully how and who we spend our time.

 

That’s why I’ve always spent my time with people close to my heart whether they recognize it or not. My constant questions for them have always been: What is your purpose for being here?

 

Ultimately, it is the donation of your life that will count far more than the duration.

 

In other words, it’s not how long we live – or even how much you cram into how long you live – it’s really about how you live. (ED: a joke here, we are supposed to work till our 70s and live till our 80s according to some)

 

I heard something which sadden me and shocked me.

I do not know how else to share my grief.

I feel sad that things would get to such a stage where the things of God take a backseat.

 

I believe that somehow God will place some roadblocks along the path to bring them back as He has always done.

 

We have just enough time to do God's will while we’re here on earth. We’ve been given just enough time to fulfill our purpose.

When we try to do more than God planned for us, it’s only natural that we’ll find ourselves constantly out of time or stressed over our schedule.

 

If it doesn’t fit the purpose of our life, God doesn’t want us doing it.

 

In fact, he may be overjoyed that we finally got the message and stopped doing meaningless activities.

He may even want you to add “rest” or “have fun” to your to-do list.s

No comments: