March 27, 2006

What guides your life?

Oh, how I love your law! I think about it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, foot your commands are my constant guide. Yes, I have more insight than my teachers, for I am always thinking of your decrees. I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments. I have refused to walk on any path of evil, that I may remain obedient to your word. I haven't turned away from your laws, for you have taught me well. How sweet are your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey. Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life. Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.

Psalm 119:97-105 NLT


No Other Book

I have tried to guide my life by the Bible for more than sixty years, and I tell you there is no book like it. It is a miracle of literature, a perennial spring of wisdom, a wonder of surprises, a revelation if mystery, an infallible guide of conduct, and an unspeakable source of comfort.

Pay no attention to people who discredit it, for I tell you that they speak without knowledge. It is the Word of God itself.

Study it according to its own direction. Live by its principles. Believe its message. Follow its precepts.

Quoted by R. Kent Hughes in 1001 Great Stories and Quotes


A Bible which is falling apart usually belongs to someone who is not.
CHARLES H. SPURGEON

God did not give us the Scriptures to increase our knowledge, but to change our lives.
D. L. MOODY


No man is uneducated who knows the Bible, and none is wise who is ignorant of its teachings.

SAMUEL CHADWICK
-----------------------------------------------------

I agree with the author abt the Bible.. I've been a Christian for more than 10 years, 13 to be exact.. I was one of those converts during 1993 Xmas period.. my conversion story is not exactly earth moving lah.. but i still remembered back then that when i received Jesus into my life, i found renewed hope and new found faith.. something which i never thot was possible with my life.. and as i trudged on this uphill task of changing my life ard.. i often times stumble and fall.. sometimes as i stop behind nursing the pain and rue-ing the hard times i asked myself "Is it worth it ?".. A fren comes along and gently urges me to move along with him/her... i moved on slowly but surely, with the help of my frenz..

Today again.. i pick myself up.. i wanna rid myself of all my bad habits.. this i resolute today again..
-----------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

sassyjan said...

Hehe.. I went to church the same day u churn out this entry.

Sometimes i really miss the days when i just discover my new found faith and was so on fire for the Lord *wry smile*

JesuaFreak said...

yeah... missed those days.. but we must not live in those days.. must move forward and find new breakthrus